Friday, September 21, 2012

Peter Cullen Returns for TF4

Michael Bay recently spoke to the Huffington Post about "Transformers 4" and "Pain and Gain." The big news from the interview: Peter Cullen will return as Optimus Prime. Also, it seems like TF4 will not take a jump into the future, but rather start off shortly after Dark of the Moon.

Why do you want to do it? I was under the impression that you were done after "Transformers 3"?I thought I was done. Then the ride came out [at Universal Studios Hollywood] and the two-and-a-half-hour lines. And then you're thinking, Oh my God, someone's going to take this over. And you start doing a lot of soul-searching. Like, OK, I'm about to do a little movie, "Pain & Gain" ... and the studio says they want to restart the franchise. And someone could come in here and screw it up, you know? So I'm thinking that if I do this last one, we set it on a new footing, we change a lot of things -- but we keep the history of the three in place. But we broaden it so it can be set up and be carried on -- it would have a better chance for survival, I guess. You know?

So with the plot of "Transformers 4," it's not like the other three movies didn't happen? It's not a reboot?
No. We're basically taking from the history of where it was -- or where we left it in Chicago. And we're going to carry it on from there.

I spoke to Peter Cullen at Comic Con earlier this year. He said he doesn't know if he's going to be back as the voice of Optimus Prime or not. He'll be back, right?
Of course! Of course.


Source: Huffington Post

1 comment:

  1. My brother recommendеd I might likе this web site.
    He was entіrelу right. Thіs
    post truly made my day. You cann't imagine just how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!
    Feel free to surf my web site : the flex belt cheap

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful to the others who comment and do not post any spoilers or spam. Thank You!